Friday, August 21, 2009

Graywater Systems 2.0

As a professional greenie, I am especially conscious of wasting water. When washing dishes in the sink, or taking showers, I think about the precious commodity that our water is -- especially in the parched Southwest -- and how it is literally going down the drain. I have even caught myself timing my showers and challenging myself on how quickly I can soap up and get out.
Gray water systems provide a way to retrieve this used but not useless water. Of course you wouldn't drink it, but for landscaping irrigation and just watering the flowers, it can be safely reclaimed in many cases, potentially saving millions of gallons of water per year. For homeowners with larger lots of, say, a quarter acre and up, gray water systems can make an immediate impact on preserving this precious resource while reducing your water bill significantly. Guiltless landscaping, quite the concept, eh?

For the full article go to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-schwab/going-gray-to-get-green_b_259660.html

No comments:

Post a Comment